We design high performance HVAC systems. Just to be perfectly clear, we design systems that rely on Variable Capacity (VRF) HVAC equipment. If you want to know more about that, be sure to check out our podcast episode on the subject!
Simply put, installers and mainstream MEP engineers launch into designs thinking about air handlers, plenums and ducts, while we start by thinking about your enclosure, your pulmonary system and health, and how your body perceives comfort. Having a carefully designed, high performance HVAC system is the most sensible way to deliver health and comfort in your home or building. Positive Energy has a team of passionate, creative, and thoughtful engineers and we love what we do.
To give you a quick orientation to our services, these are our pricing ranges:
- Integrated Mechanical Design™ | Pricing ranges from $2.50 - $4.50 per square foot.
- Price determined by square footage and architectural complexity (i.e. are there mechanical closets, spatial allotments for ductwork, high window to wall ratio, etc.)
- For reference, our typical pricing comes in at 0.5% to 1% of construction costs, based on the current Austin custom home market
- Learn more about our process
- Learn more about why a mechanical design is so important
- Residential High Performance Hot Water Design | $.50 - .$75 per Square Foot
- An excellent addition to our Integrated Mechanical Design service
- Residential Energy Modeling | Project Specific Bid
- Make better data-driven decisions
Our Integrated Mechanical Design includes load calculations, equipment selection, full scaled duct design, dehumidification, mua, diffuser selection, and engineering drawings superimposed on architect floor plans. Learn more about the value of our designs.
If you would like to continue the conversation regarding using Positive Energy for your project, please be sure you've got the following pieces of information ready:
- Who is the architect for the project?
- Who is the general contractor for the project?
- Has an HVAC installer with knowledge of VRF systems been selected for the project?
- What is the budget for HVAC systems for the project?
Learn More About Us
- Click To Watch Our Video & learn more about Positive Energy
- Check out The Building Science Podcast. We strive to bring building science principles to audio so as to broaden industry and consumer knowledge of why high performance buildings matter.
- Check out a sample design along with a few other useful resources here.